My Simple Process
On our first visit I will listen to your needs, explain Estate Planning objectives and show you examples of my work. There is no cost or obligation for this meeting. My goal is to understand your needs and provide you a solid understanding of the expectations of Estate Planning.
When you are ready to proceed, we set up a planning meeting where we design the trust around your needs & desires. I then prepare the necessary documents that include the Revocable Living Trust, Pour Over Wills, Advanced Health Care Directives, HIPAA Releases and Financial Powers of Attorneys. We then set up a draft review meeting where I personally go page by page through all of the documents with you. Updates are made and a final review, sign-off and notarization is conducted. I want you to understand your estate plan documents. You leave with a complete estate plan that is notarized, organized and easy to access including an electronic copy. As your life changes, it can be kept up to date.
Cost – Complete Estate Plan – Everyone is concerned about cost and I understand. Prices range from $3,000 to $5,000 for a complete Estate Plan for a couple, usually less for a single person.
• Joint Revocable Living Trust
• Wills for both of you
• Power of Attorney over Financial Affairs for both of you – Short Form
• Power of Attorney over Financial Affair for both of you – Long form
• Advanced Health Care Directive for both of you. Identifies an agent to make health care decisions if you are unable and provides for specific instructions on health care
• Transfer of one California Real Property (Deed) into your trust
• Tribute / Memorial Instructions for both of you
• 3rd Party Stand Alone Special Needs Trust if needed
• Trust Identification Cards
• Personal Property Distributions Instructions